Friday, October 3, 2014

Unreliable Narrator(Final Exam Selection)

I had absolutely no idea what was going on.  I was standing there, absolutely petrified for my well being and having little to no eye sight was really was not helping me.  My brother and I had stopped at a convenience store gas station on our way home from work that night.  As I was standing in line waiting to buy my coffee, I hear a blood curling scream and my brother tells me to hit the ground. I'm face down.  I cannot see.  I don't know whats happening.  The store is being robbed and I have no way of escaping the store.  As I'm laying there silently I feel adrenaline and fear. I jump out and run and try to find my way out of the store as quickly and safely as I can. I cannot find my brother. I cannot see him.  I start screaming for him but there's no reply.  All I can hear is the chaos of the cash registers opening vigorously and and the store clerk screaming for the cops.  I know I have to get out of the store but my sight is so horrible and I am so unaware of my surroundings.   I need help. The gun shots go off.  I can't see from which direction.  The robbers and the sirens are overwhelmingly close.  I feel a set of hands grab my  shoulders and lift me up.  It's my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment