Friday, September 19, 2014

Short, Short Story(Final Exam Selection)

I felt my blood, your cold hand, my palms begin to sweat. Someone, or something, was behind me, a warm breath forcing sweat down my neck. I could feel my heart grow heavier and heavier, these weights of chilling fear. I closed my eyes and began to beg that this was all just a twisted dream. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know who was left with me.  All I knew was that I was by myself, and it was up to me to stay alive.  I opened my eyes to see I was face to face with a dark figure that I couldn't quite make out.  It appeared to be a human-like sillouette, but it was faceless. "Who are you?" I whimpered with a single breath, I couldn't even fathom the kind of person that would do something like this, as I was struggling to retain oxygen in my trembling lungs. There was a loud silence. A single tear rolled out of my left eye. I knew this could be my last day and this thing was going to kill me, likely in the most gruesome way possible. I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath. I saw a flash of light through my eyelids. Never had I ever peeled my eyes faster than that instant. I was alone. I began running. The direction was unknown. Someone, or something was chasing me. I then knew I wasn't going to make it out alive and that nothing could save me. I was grabbed intensely from behind and couldn't release this heavy grasp, I began screaming and no one could here me. I was helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment